A non-profit organization led by a volunteer Board of Directors, Fencing-Escrime NB (FENB) is incorporated as the provincial branch of the Canadian Fencing Federation with the mandate to govern the sport of fencing in the province of New Brunswick. Our responsibilities are to promote, develop, regulate, encourage and improve the sport of fencing in New Brunswick as well as to represent and coordinate the interests of New Brunswick fencers.
The Executive Director (ED) is responsible for executing projects and tasks to meet the goals of Fencing-Escrime NB (FENB). The ED implements the policies established by the Board of Directors, provides leadership, coordination, direction and guidance in FENB’s activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
The main responsibilities of the Executive Director include the following:
- Conducting general administration, such as record keeping, updating memberships with all provincial and national bodies, and overseeing the day-to-day operations of FENB
- Supporting the Board of Directors and implementing Board policy and decisions
- Monitoring and overseeing FENB finances
- Coordinating FENB tournaments and other events
- Managing risk as it relates to the sport of fencing in New Brunswick
- Representing FENB to regulatory bodies (national and/or provincial), other agencies, community and civic organizations, donors, funders and supporters, and the general public
- Fundraising, including seeking out and applying for relevant grants
- Coordinating and managing volunteers
- Maintaining communication with key stakeholders and the media
- Strong organization and time management skills (workload can vary significantly week to week)
- Demonstrated effective leadership skills
- Self-motivated with a strong desire to succeed
- Ability to work independently, but capable of delegating tasks to others when needed
- Ability to work many weekends during the fencing season (September to June)
- Ability to travel in the province
- Knowledge of and experience with Google Suite products and social media
- Experience working with a sport organization
- Knowledge of the sport of fencing
- Experience working with and directing volunteers
- Bilingualism (English and French)
This is a part-time contract position requiring the use of a home-based office.
Please send your resumé and cover letter to email@example.com by end of day May 31, 2020.